WDPA Manual v1.2
Manual at a glance
A new version of the WDPA User Manual (Version 1.2) has just been released.
The changes that have been made are as follows:
- All maps updated to reflect the April 2016 WDPA release
- Sections have been added on:
- Benefits to countries of submitting data (section 3.1.1)
- Differences between national statistics and those reported through the WDPA (section 3.1.4)
- General edits and updates throughout the document based on user feedback
This WDPA User Manual provides information and guidance about the data held within the WDPA, including its history, how it is collected, managed and distributed, and how it should be interpreted and used for analyses and research. The Manual has been prepared for WDPA data providers and users. It is structured in 4 sections and includes 6 appendices.
The WDPA user manual is a dynamic and evolving document. It is recommended that all parties interested in using the WDPA read these guidelines prior to using the WDPA for any analyses that will inform research or decision making. For any queries regarding collation, use, processing of the database, or any feedback regarding this manual please contact [email protected].